Man Utd is likely to continue to win when they only have to meet Southampton in the second round of the Premier League.
MU vs Southampton – Round 2 of the Premier League 2021/22
Coach Ole Solskjaer’s team is the ones with the most impressive start in the Premier League 2021/22. Despite having to welcome the opponent who played well last season, Leeds United, the Red Devils still easily got 3 points with a monumental 5-1 victory.
Meanwhile, Southampton did not achieve the goal of getting points against Everton. The Saints revealed many weaknesses in the defense and let the tide come back despite taking the lead quite early.
With Man Utd’s attack playing in extremely sublime form, the match at St Mary’s is expected to have many goals scored. The away team from Manchester is likely to win with a difference of at least 2 goals.
Confrontation information (MU won 3, drew 2 in the last 5 confrontations)
- 2/2/2021: MU 9-0 Southampton (NHA)
- November 29, 2020: Southampton 2-3 MU (NHA)
- July 13, 2020: MU 2-2 Southampton (NHA)
- August 31, 2019: Southampton 1-1 MU (NHA)
- March 2, 2019: MU 3-2 Southampton (NHA)
Southampton form (3 wins, 2 losses)
- August 14, 2021: Everton 3-1 Southampton (NHA)
- 7/8/2021: Southampton 1-3 Bilbao (Friendly)
- 5/8/2021: Southampton 1-0 Levante (Friendly)
- 31/7/2021: Swansea 1-3 Southampton (Friendly)
- July 28, 2021: Cardiff 0-4 Southampton (Friendly)
MU performance (3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss)
- August 14, 2021: MU 5-1 Leeds (NHA)
- 7/8/2021: MU 4-0 Everton (Friendly)
- July 29, 2021: MU 2-2 Brentford (Friendly)
- 24/7/2021: QPR 4-2 MU (Friendly)
- July 18, 2021: Derby 1-2 MU (Friendly)
- Southampton have not won against MU in competitions since January 2016
- MU won 28, lost 7, drew 9 in 44 times against The Saints
- Varane is not expected to play yet
- Southampton: Sam McQueen and Will Smallbone are both sidelined with knee injuries
- MU: Marcus Rashford, Edinson Cavani and Alex Telles can’t return yet
- Southampton: McCarthy; Livramento, Stephens, Bednarek, Perraud; Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Stuart Armstrong, Djenepo; Adam Armstrong, Che Adams.
- MU: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, McTominay; James, Fernandes, Pogba; Greenwood
Predict the score: Southampton 1-3 MU
Superstar gives answer to MU’s ‘historic offer’
MU has a ‘secret weapon’ to successfully recruit a ‘scoring machine’
VIDEO: Young people are crazy about meeting Lingard in real life
Source link: https://thethao247.vn/341-soi-keo-mu-vs-southampton-20h00-22-8-2021-ngoai-hang-anh-d239081.html